Eastwood Village Luxury Apartment Homes
330 unit Class A Development in Melissa, TX
(Collin County/ Dallas-Fort Worth Metro Area)
- MELISSA, TX.Melissa is on U.S. Highway 75 seven miles northeast of McKinney in north central Collin County.
- The town was laid out in 1872, when the Houston and Texas Central Railway reached the area.
- Beginning in 1908 the community was connected by the Texas Electric Railway to surrounding Collin County towns and to Dallas.
- This transportation network made Melissa a commercial and community center for area farmers.
- Unlike many rural communities in Texas, Melissa had electric lights, a telephone exchange, and paved roads before 1920.
- It also had five churches, a large school, and a number of businesses, including a bank and two cotton gins that shipped 3,000 bales of cotton annually.
- A tornado struck the town on April 13, 1921, killing thirteen people, injuring fifty-four, and demolishing many businesses.
- The Great Depression, the mechanization of farming, and job opportunities in the Dallas metropolitan area after World War II further slowed community growth.
- The population of Melissa declined from a high of 500 in 1925 to 285 in 1949.
- Melissa was incorporated in the early 1970s.
- In 1980 it had a population of 604 and nine businesses.
Melissa is a city in Collin County, Texas, United States.
- 39 miles / Dallas, TX
- 68 miles / Forth Worth
- 22 miles / Plano, TX
- 37 miles / Denton
- 60 miles / Arlington (Texas)
- 119 miles / Glen Rose
- 103 miles / Granbury
- 33 miles / Lewisville
- 112 miles / Tyler
- 23 miles / Frisco (Texas)
- 45 miles / Irving
- 79 miles / Burleson
- 32 miles / Garland (Texas)
- 24 miles / Sherman (Texas)
Ready to retire? It’s time for you to think about how. We have the solutions and resources you need, so get started today.